Laser Hair Removal
Do you shudder to think how many hours of your life you've spent painfully and laboriously shaving, tweezing, waxing and trimming unwanted facial and body hair? What if we told you there was a pain-free, long-lasting hair removal system that will allow you to ditch the tweezers and razors? With laser hair removal (LHR) at Med Physique Center for Aesthetics, cutting-edge medical laser technology offers a comfortable approach to removing unwanted hair for good, freeing you from the embarrassment of this hair on nearly any part of your face or body.
Laser hair removal can safely and permanently remove hair from the:
- Face and Neck
- Bikini Line or Full Brazilian
- Arms and Legs
- Chest, Back and Shoulders
- Other areas as discussed with your treatment specialist
Our state of the art laser treatment system uses Gentle Max Pro and low heat settings to provide an unprecedented level of safety and comfort while achieving superior LHR results.
The Med Physique Center for Aesthetics Difference
- Our Registered Nurses and Certified Laser Hair Technicians are skilled in achieving permanent hair removal results in a safe, comfortable environment.
- All of our treatments are directed by Sherry L. Neyman MD.
Is Laser Hair Removal Right for You?
If these questions describe your struggle with unwanted hair, our Gentle Max Pro system may be the perfect laser hair removal technique for you:
- Are you frustrated by the pain, inconvenience and high price of repeated waxing, shaving, plucking and electrolysis?
- Do you want the safest possible permanent hair reduction system that still achieves beautiful results?
- Are you a woman embarrassed by unwanted facial or body hair or a man struggling with humiliating hair on your back or too-dense hair in other areas?
- Do you have a low tolerance for pain, making other laser hair removal approaches too uncomfortable for your sensitive skin?
Laser Hair Removal Fast Facts
- Treatments are quick and convenient, ranging from just minutes for small facial areas up to an hour for larger zones like the legs or back.
- 4 to 6 treatments are required for optimal results because LHR only targets hair in the anagen (active growth) stage. Approximately 20% of hair is treated with each treatment, so multiple sessions are required for each body area.
- Our LHR sessions require no downtime or recovery period, just like a facial or a haircut!
- Actively growing hairs that are treated with laser hair removal should not grow back. Some patients may require a touch-up treatment 1 to 2 years after their initial sessions because of natural hormonal changes that can change hair growth patterns.
Does It Hurt?
Our state of the art Gentle Max Pro system is very comfortable, especially when compared to other LHR technology. This is one of the few laser hair removal procedures that doesn't require numbing cream, though our patients with especially sensitive skin or very low tolerance for discomfort may request a topical numbing cream for complete comfort.
How Does It Work?
Prior to your treatments, it's important that you don't wax, pluck or have electrolysis for 4 to 6 weeks. Our expert med spa staff will adjust the laser equipment to your specific hair color, target zone and hair thickness. Our LHR device will use an intense, pulsating beam of laser light to target individual hair follicles, destroying them to inhibit future hair growth. Afterward, we will apply ice packs and anti-inflammatory ointments to ease any temporary discomfort or mild redness that may occur.
For a couple days following treatment, treated areas may look and feel slightly sunburned. Cold compresses and gentle moisturizers will ease any discomfort and help the skin to heal. Over the next month, treated hairs will fall out. Be sure to use quality sunscreen for the month after treatment (and just in general!) to prevent temporary changes in the color of treated skin. Usually, 4 to 6 sessions are required for maximum hair reduction in the treated areas.
GentleMax Pro® for Laser Hair Removal
GentleMax Pro® is the gold standard in Laser Hair Removal. Even if you've tried other laser hair removal systems, you've never tried one with the effectiveness of this advanced technology.
How does it work?
The GentleMax Pro® is a single consolidated system consisting of two fast and powerful lasers: the Alexandrite and the YAG. This unique dual laser system delivers customized results on all skin types. GentleMax Pro® works by using laser technology to deliver a controlled amount of intense energy to the targeted area, safely and effectively destroying follicles without harming the skin around them. It is gentle. In fact, many of our clients say the system's cool pulse provides increased comfort during treatment.
What to expect?
This brand new, state-of-the-art system delivers customized results on all skin types. Desired results can be achieved with fewer visits, making it more convenient and affordable. Our clients report much less discomfort than with other lasers. Because laser light produces heat, you'll feel a tingling sensation during your treatment. Many people describe the GentleMax Pro® treatment like being snapped lightly with a rubber band. Some say it feels like a warm pinch. The response is as individual as the treatment.